Thursday, August 6, 2009

Hotel for Dogs - Movie Review

Against my better judgement, I watched "Hotel for Dogs" last night.

Now, when I say, 'against my better judgement', I mean that I don't ordinarily watch movies for kids. But being that I share custody of 2 boys, I have to watch kid movies when they are here. Which generally suck.

Suprisingly, this movie didn't.

Yes, it had a generic formula, and I already knew the outcome before the ending, but, it was sweet, it was PG, and it found a way to link the treatment of animals in shelters with the treatment of children in foster home situations. I have experience with both, and they dealt with it in a non-realistic but positive way. My 11 and 9 year old boys both liked it.

It's a non-offensive movie that's hard not to like.

No comments: